HIVE is a STEEM fork (a copied software project). So HIVE account naming rules are the same as STEEM account naming rules.
When creating an account in Genesis League Goals, accounts will get a random username like:
sole_X. This username can only be changed by creating a hive account in GLG after purchasing packs.
When you upgrade your Genesis League Goals account, you get the ability to create a custom HIVE username. This custom username must follow some rules in order to be validated in the blockchain.
Once you create a username in HIVE, it becomes permanent and cannot be changed!
You can create a valid username in HIVE following these rules:
- Valid characters include: lowercase letters (a-z), digits (0-9), dashes (-) and periods (.).
$HeLlO_M@73are invalid names
- The username must be between 3 and 16 characters long.
helloiamthirtysevennicetomeetyouare both invalid names.
- A valid username must start with a lowercase letter and end with a lowercase letter or digit.
K37are invalid names, but
- Each part separated by a dot should be at least 3 characters long.
a.b.c.37are invalid names, but
- Dashes must have letters or numbers on both sides.
a37b37-are invalid names but
Please sign in to leave a comment.